In September of 2012, Canada started receiving thousands of Brazilian students as part of the Science Without Borders program. Funded by the Brazilian Government, Science Without Borders aims to send over 100,000 Brazilian students to study internationally. The Government of Brazil is funding 75,000 scholarships and a further 26,000 are being funded by the private sector.
Currently there are more than 1,300 undergraduate Brazilian students in Canada enrolled in the program, in 77 different universities across the country.
Our goal with Progress0! is to show how these students are living and explore their thoughts about the program, presenting their routine and opinions. Progress0! will document the experiences of over 30 students, at 10 universities:
- Oshawa Uni. of Ontario Institute of Technology (UOIT)
- Toronto University Of Toronto and York University
- Guelph University Of Guelph
- Waterloo University of Waterloo
- St Catharine’s Brock University
- Windsor Windsor University
- Ottawa University of Ottawa
- Montreal McGill, Concordia and École de Technologie Supérieure
12x10mins uploaded every MONDAY starting July 1, 2013, finale airing September 23, 2013.
Sponsorship of “Progress 0!” supports the production in reaching its goals:
to foster international cultural exchange
to build channels with international communities
to promote awareness of the CBIE, it’s programs, and results
to fund further opportunities for exchange
We acknowledge and promote our sponsors contributions in the following ways:
- Acknowledgement in opening credits
- link/logo placement on series webpage, and episode page on channel0.ca
- sponsor product/service placement in scenes in the video series.
- acknowledgement in videos closing credits.
- branded video for use on sponsors web site and social media, and any other broadcast use (web/tv).
- exposure through social media acknowledgements
- on demand reports on impressions containing demographic, statistical, and qualitative data about our interactive audience.